Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My baby is turning 1!


Wow were did the time go. Addie is going to be one on the 5th. She has been such a great addition to our little family. We love her and Tate both so much. Addie is such a silly girl and loves to rock out to music. I will have to catch her on video some time. She is finally crawling and pulling herself up. Soon enough I am sure she will be taking her first steps. I can't wait.
We had to celebrate her birthday early so we invited our families over to our house for some cake and ice cream. Matt and I have the greatest family. Those who could, came to wish Addie a Happy Birthday and spoiled her with gifts and Attention. It was so fun to have everyone there and enjoy each others company.
Once again I got a little carried away with the cake. I love making cakes now that I learned how to make fondant. I still have a lot to work on but was pleased with how it turned out anyways. My sister in-law told me to post the fondant recipe so I will be doing that sometime this week. It is very messy but very easy. I guess depending on how you look at messy being something easy!






16 comments:

Brandi Johns said...

Tasha! SERIOUSLY??!!??? How are you so freakin talented?
I can't believe she is one already! She is so dang cute!

OLIVERSONFAM said...

OH MY WORD!!! That cake is ADORABLE!!
Will you teach me how to make fondant?...It looks so NEAT!
My only problem would be letting people eat all that HARD work!
She is TOO CUTE!! I can't believe she is already ONE!

Kara said...

WOW! Holy crap! That cake is so freakin cute!! I swear you can do it all. So cute! I can't believe Addie is going to be one, wow! She's so cute!!

Our Story said...

That cake is so cute! You totally have to post to recipe and any tips you have!

Tiff said...

You are amazing! What a cute little princess you have! (Only a princess would have a cake like that! :) )

Nagels said...

wow- you made that? it is beautiful. you did a great job :)

Team Box! said...

I can't believe she's 1!!! Holy cow, where were we when all this time has flown by? we are the worst friends ever!!!
I loooove the cake, holy cow, I didn't know you made cakes, now I know who I'm hiring for my cake making!
we reeeeaaallly need to get together!
And shoot, I also wanted to do a book party, that really would be so fun, we should plan on doing one the beginning of dec if you could cause that would be perfect for xmas coming up and i'll be settled in with #2!
We'll talk!

The Jacobson Family said...

WOW!!!!! that cake is awesome, you did such a good job, I think we need to have a girls night and you can teach us all how to make it, I would love to learn, let me know if you ever have a chance and you can come down or I will come up. Seriously!!!

Jillyan said...

To add to what everyone else has said...That is the cutest cake I have EVER seen!

Lacey said...

umm hello, you are going to be making halle's cake for me! jk, but seriously will you? or at least teach me how, that cake is so amazing!

The Oldroyd's said...

I can't believe she is one. That cake is adorable. I wanna learn too. Post the recipe for us to all copy you. Thanks!

markandaubrey said...

You are so amazing! I love that cake. I can't believe Addie is already 1!

Emily Snow said...

i am still waiting for that recipe :)

Steve and Whitney Mortenson said...

Happy (belated) birthday Addie! What a cutie pie! Your kids are so beautiful!

That cake is unbelievable! I wish I had that talent! Can I hire you to do Jake's 1st b-day? ha ha ha!!!

Christine said...

HOly cow! That cake is amazing. It is so cute, and I love the colors. You are so talented!

Kristin said...

Her cake was gorgeous, she's adorable with her cute bow!

To be continued.... continues

So it has been almost two years since I stopped mid sentence of my last post and write, "to be continued". So let's get back t...