Tuesday, May 26, 2009

What is with the new blog name???

I am really considering changing the title of our family blog. I think "Our life is like a Sitcom" would be more suitable for us Snow's. This must be why I love my life so much. It seems like it all started when we first met....

Many years ago...
Matt saw me and we hit it off. Our so I thought. Matt used his smooth talk and got me to go to the institute social. We danced practically every other song.... Long story short, Matt also danced all the other songs with some other girl. Both of the other girl and I must have been thinking the same thing, "We sure got this guy hooked". At the end of the night I went to say goodbye to this tall and handsome fellow only to find him sitting mighty close to some girl (The other one from the dance). I just told him I was leaving and he got up and said he wanted to say goodbye to my friends. It was pretty odd since he hardly knew my friends and then immediatly asked me for my number. Hmmm? I gave it to him and waited for him to call...

1 Month later:
Still hadn't heard from Matt. I did however run into him after class one day. He somehow had the nerve to say, "I was going to call you the other day....". He wasn't so smooth at that moment. Right then and there he asked me out and I hated to hurt the poor guys feelings who had just put his foot in his mouth, so I said, "sure".

9 Months Later:
9 months later we were married.

7 Years Later:
We are happy to say we have two of the cutest kids who were not planned. In fact they were anything but planned. Some may know the story, others may not. Basically birth control has no power over God's will. Or Matt just has to stop believing he is a doctor and knows which birth control works best...

So this last May I received a phone call from my mother in law. She mentioned how our 7 year anniversary was coming up and asked if we wanted her to watch the kids. I was shopping at the store, at this time I immediately stopped my cart. "Crap", my anniversary was the next day and I had completely forgotten. Good news is I knew I could count on Matt to forget too. I called my hubby up and asked if anything special was coming up and he answered "no". I mentioned May 23 and of course he said, "doesn't sound familiar". I was off the hook since both of us had forgotten our 7 year anniversary... Our is it our 8th?

So you see. This is "Our Life at It's Best". I have to say I love every minute of it and even though Matt and I suck at remembering our anniversary, let alone our own birthdays, we love each other for the best or the worst. I feel extremely lucky to have Matt at my side to laugh when laughter is needed and to support me when I am in need of comfort. He is truly awesome and I don't think I could have found a more perfect match for me.

So with this post I bring you "Life at Our Best".

1 comment:

Jessica Rodgers said...

you two are so funny. I wish we could spend more time together. Matt always kept me laughing growing up.

To be continued.... continues

So it has been almost two years since I stopped mid sentence of my last post and write, "to be continued". So let's get back t...