Monday, March 1, 2010

Superheroes in Training...


My cute mom is always wanting to do memorable things with her grandchildren. Last summer she held a tea party for the girls and their dolls. It was so fun. Of course she then wanted to do something for the boys. I gave her the idea of something with super heros. From there, this is what we came up with.

Made Capes

Found these adorable certificates to print at Designergirl007


Then my sister in-law and I made these fun cupcakes!


"Ok, I am a little crazy since this was only for two little boys, but what the heck, we all had fun."

Then we had to have some games so that the boys could complete their Superhero Training. Like the "X-Ray Vision Test" where we blindfolded the boys and had them guess what it was they were feeling in the bowls. (We had pasta, rice and cut up tomatoes).

The favorite was the "Speed Test". We have a small hill in our neighborhood where the boys could sled. As they slep I timed them and had them race. They had a blast!


Our last game was "What are your senses? Test". We had a list of questions we read to the boys and they had to answer them. One of the questions was a scenario where they had to pretend a bank was robbed and tell me how they were going to stop the robbers from getting away. It was so fun to hear the boys crazy answers.

After games we decorated mask and ate pizza!

Finally the boys were officially sworn as Superheroes! They could choose their own name, which Tate chose "Batman 6"???? I don't get it either?.... and then we signed their certificates and took pics. Tate's sort of looks like a mug shot. I hope this isn't suppose to be telling me something.

2 comments:

Nagels said...

what a fun creative idea. i love those cupcakes.

your kids still in swim lessons? I need to get my kids back in.

Andersons said...

Thanks for doing that for our kids, Your the best.

To be continued.... continues

So it has been almost two years since I stopped mid sentence of my last post and write, "to be continued". So let's get back t...