Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Christmas

It's been a long time since I have posted anything. As usual, sooo much has gone on. We are now back in Utah,which has been bitter sweet. The kids have loved being back and loved seeing their cousins and grandparents more. They have also met many kids their age in our neighborhood. They love having so many kids their age so close by. I am so glad they are loving it being back. Nothing makes a mom happier than when her kids are happy themselves.

Although there is so much to catch up on I figured I should probably just add the most recent events that took place knowing I may never catch up to it if I don't. So here we go...

This was are first Christmas back and in our new home. It was a rather small Christmas being that the kids main gift was a Disney Cruse the first of the year. Of course I wanted Santa to present this gift the best way possible so we worked together and gave it everything we got.

The kids found a package labeled "Open Last" and of course, opened it last. There was an envelope with a fun poem informing us how we had to get into costume to find all the clues leading to our final gift. Each of us opened up our own package to find our own pirate costumes. We put them on and searched the house for several clues and gathered many puzzle pieces along the way.

The final clue led us to the basement where we found a pirate ship set up (with a Mickey flag) and on it was 2 more envelopes and a picture of mickey! the first envelope told us to put all the puzzle pieces together and than flip the puzzle over for a surprise. We did so, flipped over the puzzle and it said, "Get Ready For A Disney Cruise"!!! It all sounds fun and great, but the kids had no response. Both just stood there so I had to ask them to repeat what the puzzle revealed. they did so and I asked if they were excited and they said "sure".

I didn't get it. I then told them to open the last envelope which they did and this was a letter from Mickey himself. It told them they had "__ Naps" to get ready and how all of mickey's friends where waiting to see them. Tate's reply was "I guess we're going on a Disney cruise", then he tossed the letter to the ground like he could care less. I then turned to Addie to see her response and she was just playing in the boat not listening. "Addie", I said, "Did you hear hoe many naps we have left tell we go"?

This is when I started catching on to why they hadn't gotten overly excited yet.

"Go Where?", Addie asked. "On a Disney Cruise" I said. Addie then replied with her eyes wide, "FOR REAL"! "Yes, For real, what did you think all of this was for?", I asked. "I thought it was pretend", Addie said. FINALLY she started jumping up and down and both kids got super excited. They thought the whole thing was just a fun game. Sheesh!

No comments:

To be continued.... continues

So it has been almost two years since I stopped mid sentence of my last post and write, "to be continued". So let's get back t...