Friday, September 4, 2009

No more crib...


I wish I were saying, "No more binkie". Instead it with out with the crib and in with a bed. Poor Tate was getting in a lot of trouble one day and I had it. He was sent to his room and at the same time I out Addie and bed. Next thing I knew, Addie was walking around upstairs and Tate was running around with her. "TATE!", I yelled. "Did you let Addie out of her bed and room"? Tate promised me he didn't, but I didn't believe him. He was just causing way too much trouble that day.

Tate went back to his room and Addie was put back in bed. Well a few minutes later Addie was out again. This time I decided to give Tate the benefit of the doubt and after I put Addie back in her bed and room, I watched under the crack of the door. Sure enough, Addie was getting out of the crib herself and opening her door. Matt and I have since taken the crib down and Addie now has her own bed.

Now for the binkie dilemma. I was about to kill two birds with one stone. I decided we would face the new bed, no binkie thing all at once. We have tons of binkies so I cut 2 of them. Addie was devastated. She kept crying, "broke", "broke"! When I tried to put her in bed with the broken binkie, it got worse. I just couldn't face it. So that story is going have to wait for now.

3 comments:

The Oldroyd's said...

So cute. I love the tree. You do so good Tasha. I wish I had more room and space and I would have you paint something. But there just isn't room. You are very talented. Congrats on the big girl bed.

Emily Snow said...

well, she is really growing up isn't she? good luck with the binkie thing. Bennion had so much fun sleeping over with tate and spending the whole day at grandma's. my kids love him. i wish we lived closer. we shall have to do more playdates though, for reals. did you guys have fun in st. george?

markandaubrey said...

I can't believe Addie is already in a big girl bed! She is so big!

To be continued.... continues

So it has been almost two years since I stopped mid sentence of my last post and write, "to be continued". So let's get back t...